Unbaked Blueberry Cheese Tart
UNBAKED BLUEBERRY CHEESE CAKE / TART
For this recipe you can either
(1) make a crust (crushed biscuit + butter) as a base to make cheese cake
(2) use a pre-made tart casings to make cheese tart. the tart casings can be bought at any bakery stores, or you can make your own.
For this recipe, I'll be using pre-made tart casings. For those who prefer to make the crust, don't worry I'll be providing the ingredients to make the crust below. :P
And YES, to make this cheese cake/tart, you do not have to BAKE! So this recipe will be done in 30 minutes.
If you can see from the photos above, there's only 3 blueberry cheese tart with swirls on top. I used a toothpick to move some of the blueberry filling towards the top, and that was the result. didn't do for the rest, coz i mum taught it didn't look quite nice. but after the cheese tart got firm, looks pretty nice rite? at least one look, people will know it's a blueberry cheese tart, and not a plain cheese tart. :P
note: Please ignore the crust recipe below if you want to use tarts shells.
130 g biscuits (digestive/marie) - crushed
70 g butter - melted
Combine biscuits and butter, press onto base and sides of a 9 1/2" loose base tin (line d with foil). Chill for 30 minutes.
If you're using tart casings, for this recipe you will be needing about 30 tart casings or more. Usually there'll be a few extra cream cheese filling left. To know what to do with the extras, scroll down below.
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
3/4 tbs of 'Halagel' gelatin
125 g of 'Philadelphia' Cream Cheese - half a block
65 g of castor sugar
100 ml of evaporated milk - chilled
90 ml of hot water
1/2 tspn of vanilla essence
note: if you want to make a blueberry cheese cake/tart you need some blueberry filling. you may also opt other filling such as strawberry, kiwi, mango, orange, lemon, etc.. all fillings can be bought at any bakery stored. I bought the blueberry filling and pre-made tart casing/shells at Bagus, Taman Melawati.
1. Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Stir until gelatin has dissolved completely. Set aside and let it cool.
2. Beat cream cheese, vanilla, sugar until smooth.
3. Add in milk into cheese mixture and mix until you get soft peaks.
4. Fold in cooled gelatin.
5. Pour cream cheese filling onto crust or into tart
a) If you're making blueberry cheese tart
- Pour 1/2 tspn of blueberry filling into each tart casing
- Pour cream cheese filling on top until full.
- Fill free to add 'swirls' on top using food coloring, mixed with a little bit of cream cheese filling.
- Chill for at least 3 hours or until cream cheese filling is firm.
* hmm. when i think about it again, I should have poured in the cream cheese filling 1st about 3/4 full, and then add the blueberry filling rite? this way, you'll be able to see the blueberry filling peeking out. i wasn't going to make any decorations on top anyway. I'll try to use a piping bag next time, maybe it'll be easier to control and less messy. :P
* for those who wants to do the decorations using food colouring on top, the blueberry fillings has to be added 1st, followed by the cheese filling.
//updated on 31 Aug 2012 : 2nd attempt, poured the cheese filling 1st, and piped in the blueberry filling on top. its so cute!
photo credit : www.thekitchn.com
b)If you're making blueberry cheese cake
- Pour cream cheese mixture onto your crust.
- Chill for 30 minutes or until cream cheese filling is firm.
- Pour blueberry filling on top. Layer it as evenly as possible.
- Keep refrigerated. Serve chilled.
UNBAKED FRUIT CHEESE CAKE / TART
Alternative: You may replace blueberry filling with fruits to make a fruit cheese cake/tart. The possibilities are endless! Below is the recipe for the fruits on top, just the discard the blueberry filling. :P
photo credit : kitchenbliss.blogspot.com
photo credit www.delifrance.com.sg
FRUIT AND GELATIN TOPPING
3/4 tbs of 'Halagel' gelatin
green/red food colouring (optional)
1/2 tbs sugar
100 ml hot water
1/2 tin of Fruit Cocktail or Fresh Fruits
1. Follow step 1-4 from the 'Blueberry Cheese cake/tart' recipe above.
2. Pour cream cheese mixture onto your crust or into your tart casing.
3. Chill for 30 minutes or until cream cheese filling is firm.
4. Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Let it cool.
5. Arrange fruits onto cream cheese layer. Pour cooled gelatin on top.
6. Keep refrigerated. Serve chilled.
WHAT TO DO WITH THE EXTRA CREAM CHEESE FILLING?
I would make a cheese parfait to finish up what's left. just pour a layer of cream cheese, blueberry filling (optional, feel free to replace with other fillings or use fresh fruits), some crushed biscuits and repeat cycle until container is 3/4 full. below is what my blueberry cheese parfait looks like. not much to look at, as i wanted to be done with it. my crushed biscuit is as white as the cream cheese. i didn't have any digestive/marie biscuits. :P
//updated on 31 Aug 2012 : made another batch of blueberry cheese tart and had some cheese filling left. this is what i made. I used the broken tart casings and 1 pc of bourbon cream biscuit, crush them up and mixed with 1 tspn of Milo to give it some colour. pour the remaining cream cheese filling and top off with some chocolate sprinkles. :P