Friday, February 24, 2012

How to Make Falafel (easy method)

Like I've mentioned in my Herbalife blog, my cousin nephew gave us 2 boxes of Instant Falafel. It's not the ready made kind (frozen falafel), but it comes in powdered form. My mum and I was eager to make them, it only took us half an hour.

^
Here's how the box looks like. I guess u can find this at any Middle Eastern Stores.

^
The ingredients are ground beans, dried vegetables, dried onion, dried garlic, sesame dressing, sodium bicarbonate and salt.

^
The direction are a wee bit 'engrish'.. so here's my interpretation. haha.

Empty the content of 1 packet in a deep vessel (basically u can use a bowl or a deep container for those who don't understand. haha). Add 1 glass of warm water (250 ml) and leave it to soak for 15 minutes. Shape into small balls (or large ones if u prefer). Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Serve hot.

^
Here's the instant powder falafel. everything is dried.. u just need to soak it in warm water.

^
Here's what it looks like after 15 minutes.

^
start shaping them into balls and prepare to fry.

^
the end product! yums!

Labels: ,



Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Older Posts    Home    Newer Posts
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...