Thursday, April 22, 2010

Egg in Toast

I received this recipe thru a forwarded email. As soon as I saw the yummy photos I couldn't help myself - I had to make it myself.. like immediately!! Unfortunately at the time it was already midnight. I had to wait until today. :P

* the instructions from the email are in broken english, so below are my own translation based on the photos. :P

...

You will need:-
- 2 pcs of bread for 1 serving
- an egg (pls break ur eggs in small cups)
- cheese spread. any kind will do.
- salt and pepper
- for garnish: a sprig of parsley

There are 2 ways of cooking this dish, either by baking in an OVEN or on the STOVE. No oil/butter needed. The one in the forwarded email was baked in an oven. I chose to baked on the stove. :D

Egg in Toast : Baked in Oven


Take your 2 slices of bread: the 1st layer (top) and the 2nd layer (bottom). You need to make a hole on ur 1st layer. To make the hole, try and find a small cup/glass with an opening smaller than ur bread. I think u know what to do. Just push, twist several times, until a hole has been made. Do not discard the hole 'cover'. We'll eat it later. :P


For ur 2nd slice of bread, spread cheese on it generously.


Place the 1st layer back on, and gently pour ur egg in. You don't have to afraid about the egg pouring out or sipping thru the bread. The bread will manage to hold it and absorb some of the excess egg.

You may season your egg with salt and pepper now.


Baked it in the oven until golden brown. Season with more salt and pepper if necessary. Garnish with parsley.


Here's the finish product! Looks good right?! YUM!!

...

//updated on 29th April 2010.

okay. this time i used the OVEN!! here's my finish product.

...

Egg in Toast : Baked on the Stove


Just follow the same instruction as the one above. I don't want to repeat myself. In the photo above, I've cut the hole and spread the cheese on.


Next, bcoz we'll be 'baking' on the stove.. i mean in a pan, pls place both bread on the pan, and only then pour your egg in. You don't want to pour ur egg in before u transfer ur bread onto the pan. It'll be messy.. trust me. I've thought about this through. hahaha. :P


Now, season your egg with salt and pepper. Turn on to the smallest flame and cover with lid. Make sure u keep on checking until your egg is half cook or fully cook. You don't want to end up burning your toast.


Here's the MY finish product!

...

The hole does not necessarily be a circle. It could be any shape u like. Even a square, like what this person did - 'Square' Egg in Toast.

Labels: ,



Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus

Older Posts    Home    Newer Posts
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...